How do you decide on which amateur golf championship is worth to participate? Based on the positive responses from golfers from 23 countries who played in the first Centara World Masters Golf Championship in 2015, I can strongly recommend to you to come and play this year. The Centara World Masters Golf Championship is Asia’s largest and richest amateur week of golf.
The Centara World Masters Golf Championship will be hosted in the royal city of Hua Hin (Thailand), between 12-18 June 2016. Entry is open to all the male and female golfers over the age of 35 with an official handicap. All golfers play a 72 hole single Stableford event while “A” grade golfers are eligible to compete for the best stroke / gross. Over US $30,000 in prizes and lucky draws will be given away at the gala presentation dinner.
The Centara World Masters Golf Championship will be held in 4 golf clubs:
- Banyan Golf Club: 18 holes par 72, 7361 yards;
- Black Mountain Club: 18 holes par 72, 7343 yards;
- Imperial Lake View Resort & Golf Club: 36 holes, par 72/72, 6915/7015 yards;
- Springfield Royal Country Club: 27 holes, par 72, 7043 yards.
As you can see from the list, the organizers are providing the opportunity to play on different kind of golf courses where the quality of green’s and fairways’ conditioning are out of the question.
I have collected 7 reasons why worth to play on the Centara World Masters Golf Championship:
- Banyan Golf Club: in 2011 was named as the 3rd best course of Thailand at the annual Asian Golf Monthly awards. In 2012, the club received the Asian Golf Monthly awards for Best Clubhouse in Asia Pacific.
- Black Mountain Golf Club: it is the only course in Thailand ever named in Golf Digest’s Top 100 Courses Outside the US. The club has hosted 3 Asian Tour events. They were the “Best Course in Asia Pacific” in 2014 and 2015. The par-5 18th makes for a dramatic closing hole.
- Imperial Lake View Resort & Golf Club: The club offers 36 holes with 4 challenging golf courses: Mountain, Lake, Desert and Link, designed by Roger Packard and Ronald Fream.
- Springfield Royal Country Club: a TOP 10 golf course in Thailand ranked by Golf Digest; Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course.
Has something to add to this story? Share it in the comments!
This post has already been read 9 times!