The other day in “the Big Mango”, I bumped into Steve Kirk, the first expat golf professional to work in Thailand many years ago, following service with the Royal Calcutta and Shek O, Hong Kong golf clubs. Steve is the author of "The Thailand Golf Map", one of the most comprehensive guides to Thailand golf courses, albeit now slightly outdated and quite difficult to find on sale. Over a glass or two of the amber nectar, we got around to discussing our favorite courses. I have shared my top Thailand courses in prior posts. Here are Steve’s top twelve, which may surprise even those of you who have played a lot of golf in Thailand:
1. Plutaluang Royal Thai Navy Golf Course, Sattahip
2. Bhumipol Dam Golf Course, Tak
3. Royal Hua Hin Golf Club, Hua Hin
4. Blue Canyon Country Club, Phuket
5. Siam Country Club, Pattaya
6. Laem Chabang International Country Club, Chonburi
7. Bangsai Country Club, Ayutthaya
8. Lanna Golf Club, Chiang Mai
9. Navatanee Golf Club, Bangkok
10. Soi Dao Highlands Golf Club, Chanthanaburi
11. Waterford Valley Golf Club, Chiang Rai
12. Mission Hills Country Club, Khao Yai
I would welcome any views you may have on Steve’s favorite Thai golf courses. Please feel free to post a comment here or if you prefer drop me and email at my Thailand golf vacation company with your top Thailand golf courses and I will take care of the posting duties.
This post has already been read 15 times!