The next few posts will feature my favorite Thailand golf clubhouses, which go a long way towards making your Thailand golfing holiday so memorable.
First, my opinion on what makes up a great Thailand golf clubhouse:
– Friendly reception and efficient check-in
– Well stocked and fairly priced Pro Shop
– Spacious, air-conditioned locker rooms
– Golf shoe cleaning service
– Clean, modern showers, with freshly laundered towels, and bathroom accessories
– In-house traditional Thai massage
– Spa, steam bath, sauna
– Quality Thai and Western restaurant, economically priced
– A range of ice-cold Thai and international beers
– Fast and friendly service
– Air-conditioned inside rooms, plus outside terracing
– Views back out over the golf course
– Wide screen cable tv showing international sports events
– Secured bag drop area
– Drivers waiting room and/or PA system for finding drivers after the round
Actually, demanding though this list may appear a surprisingly large number of golf clubhouses in Thailand meet most, if not all, of these criteria.
The next article will highlight my favorite Bangkok clubhouses, and this will be followed by Phuket, Hua Hin, and then Chiang Mai. If you have any personal favorites, let me know and I will be sure to mention them. Stay tuned!